Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Rise of the Revenant

 photo 995943_4469917485127_658727956_n.jpg

For this week's article we speak with Craig Roberts, a painter and illustrator from Indianapolis, Indiana about his art, Fountain Square Art Fair, and his creation Revenant Art Studios.

Starving Artist: Can you tell me about Revenant Art Studios, how was it created and what is your overall goal?

Craig: I created Revenant Art Studios to find a way to connect with other artists and help one another reach our goals.

Starving Artist: What are some of your inspirations, artistically and otherwise?

Craig: Music gives me a lot of inspiration while most of my inspiration comes from the people who I was fascinated by growing up, such as my mother and older brother.

Starving Artist: A lot of your pieces have a graphic novel feel to them, have you ever designed or worked on any comic books/graphic novels?

Craig: I’ve got so many good ideas that I’ve been wanting to start and even collaborate with others. I’ve seen that people connect with my work on many different levels and I’m always open for new ideas.

Starving Artist: You recently did a show at the Fountain Square Art Fair, can you tell me about the event?

Craig: It was great, lots of nice people. I met some new artists, it was a good way to get exposed. I love that so many artists were working together and showing their support for one another. I’ll be looking forward to doing more shows in the near future.

Starving Artist: Is there anything that you would like to say to our readers or any advice you might have for aspiring artists?

Craig: I find that painting for yourself is better because you feel more confident in what you are doing and that someone else will always see something different with your work than you. So don’t always get too wrapped up in what you think someone else might like.

A huge thank you goes out to Craig Roberts for giving us his time for this interview. To check out his art visit his page at https://www.facebook.com/ArtistCraigRoberts

No comments:

Post a Comment